Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wordless Wednesday - with a question?

Letter from James McGregor to his daughter Jessie Kinnear
In my recent blog Lunch Time Discoveries in the Rocks- McGregor Family Bible  I describe my good fortune after being contacted by the Society of Australian Genealogists (SAG). They were able to pass on to me three diaries connected with the McGregor Family.  In one of the bibles, there was a letter (see above) written by James McGregor to his daughter Jessie when he and his wife Margaret, passed the family bible on to Jessie for safe keeping.

The picture of the letter and its thoughtful and caring blessings fits well with today's theme of Wordless Wednesday.  No description or explanation needed.

However!! I do have a question, that I hope one of my readers can answer.  At the bottom of the letter there is a small white bow, a little faded and worn now, and beside it James as written "My Badge".  I would love to know the significance of this, and would greatly appreciate it if someone could enlighten me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment